Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Long Conversations? Good luck Audrey.

I'm bad at keeping up a long conversation with some people.
So basically I'm just sitting there say... umm...
Reading a book? Okay. Reading a book. NO, texting my friend. Well, whatever I'm doing, I'm doing it, and then all of the sudden I'm aware that I'm kind of lonely at the moment.
I decide to stand up and go talk to my friend. And it goes something like this.

Step #1: Start conversation by saying something extremely random.
i.e. I HATE DONUTS!

Step #2: Wait for response.
i.e. HOW COULD YOU!?

Step #3: Respond to the response.
i.e. I DON'T KNOW!

Step #4: Wait for person to respond.
i.e. ...

Step #5: Say hi to friend for the first time that day.
i.e. Oh, by the way, hi!

Step #6: Listen to response.
i.e. Haha... hi?

Step #7: Look around awkwardly because of the long silence following.
i.e. ...

Step #8: Say something random or completely obvious.
i.e. It's room temperature in here.

Step #8: Friend agrees and there is another silence. Conversation dies.
i.e. Yeah... [insert silence and awkwardness]

Step #9: Say something nobody really cares about.
i.e. Golly am I tired today!

OR

Step #9: Say you're going to ___.
i.e. I'm going to go get some more chips...

Step #10: Say bye.
i.e. BYE!

That's how a bunch of my "conversations" tend to turn out.

By the way, I just realized it's August 3rd... It's actually 12:35 AM right now. I'm not even sleepy... ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read the post, leave a comment! (If you didn't... Read the post!)