Friday, September 10, 2010

Aliens

I was walking around at Movie Land, trying to find a good movie to rent out. A movie in the sci-fi/fantasy section caught my eye.
 THE OTHERS. (Starring Ann Looper and P. Wright.)
Just by looking at the cover of this thing, you could tell this was a real movie.
 So I rented the movie (three dollars for the whole week) and got myself some popcorn (of course), then I went back to my house, sat on the couch, turned the lights off, and pressed "play."




After the music played at the beginning of the movie (as boring names flashed across the screen in bright green letters that I could hardly read even if I wanted to) I was already starting to get pretty sleepy, and by the end of it I had already finished a lot of my popcorn.
 So I was just there, trying to blink the sleepiness away.

And then, all of the sudden IT happened.
I won't tell you what because you'll get really scared or something, but it just HAPPENED.
Quickly, I pressed STOP on my remote and dove out of the room.

I hardly know how  I got there, but all I remember was jumping onto my bed in the pitch black darkness, wishing I had thought to turn on the light when I ran into my room.
Then I heard this noise. It sounded a lot like the noise an alien spaceship would make when slowly approaching my house to ABDUCT ME!!!! I gave this tiny little scream that sounded like a squeak, terrified myself with that, and dove under the covers, thinking, "SOMEBODY HELP ME!" 
The noise continued, and nobody came to help me. Maybe if the aliens saw that all the lights were off, they'd think I wasn't home. Then it hit me that maybe the aliens would be able to see my bright eyes shining through the darkness like in cartoons and stuff.
I closed my eyes.

There was silence.
Then the door downstairs opened with a scary creaaaak.
Oh no.
Then I heard this noise that made me open my eyes.
"Audrey, I'm home!" It was Mom's voice, but I knew that the aliens had special voice powers. I wasn't quite sure if it was safe to get out of bed or not. "Audrey, I have a new brownie recipe!"
"SWEET!" I shouted without thinking.
Mom walked upstairs, and opened my bedroom door.
"Audrey!" she said. "Are you sick? Why are you in bed?"
"Um...," I said awkwardly. "No..."
"At first I thought you weren't at home," she told me. "Why didn't you answer me?"
"I thought you were one of those Martians who came to Earth," was what came out of my mouth for some reason.
"What?" Mom inquired.
"Uh-- never mind."
"Audrey," Mom said in a concerned way, "Are you sure you're not sick?"

2 comments:

If you read the post, leave a comment! (If you didn't... Read the post!)